I’m so excited, the fabulous Fahion Frenzy has nominated me for my first Liebster Award for my blog. Thank you so much, this means so much to me. When I started blogging I hoped people would like what I wrote, and I’m so happy to be part of this blogging community.
I’ve come across some really stylish and talented people through their blogs, and so to be recognised for my contribution is awesome! If you’ve not yet checked out Fahion Frenzy‘s blog you should, it’s great for ideas and inspiration.
If you don’t know what this award is, it is aimed at discovering new bloggers, and what I love about it is that it’s awarded by bloggers, the people who actually read what you write, and share your passion. It has just a few rules.
1. Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate other bloggers with less than 1000 followers
4. Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
11 things about me:
- I love cats
- I have unusually small thumbs
- My feet are tiny (size 2.5 UK)
- I love to write and have published a mini novel and poetry books on Amazon Kindle
- I get offended when I don’t get asked for ID when buying alcohol, even though I’m 35! (like to think I can still pass for 23).
- I love baking
- I keep all my shoes in special clear plastic shoe boxes
- I have over 40 pairs of shoes
- I have a drawer dedicated to things for my hair
- I’m in my final year studying for an MBA which I’ve been doing for the past three years while working full time
- Sometimes BF and I get dressed up in black tie and have casino nights just the two of us in our living room (online casino)!
My answers to Fashion Frenzy’s questions:
1) Why do you blog?
I blog because I love to write, and love to read other people’s blogs. I love talking about clothes, beauty and fashion with others and this is a great way to do that with a much wider circle of people.
2) What is a movie that you could watch all day, every day on repeat?
Breakfast at Tiffany’s; and not a movie, but I could sit through hours of Buffy repeats!
3) What are 3 things you like about yourself?
The fact that I am generally a happy person, my drive and ambition to get through my MBA and my generosity (is it wrong I found that question hard to answer)
4) What is one makeup disaster that you hate?
Looking in the mirror at 4pm and seeing my mascara has run and my foundation has gone; but what is worse is that no one tells me and I can be walking around for ages with black eyes!
5) Who is you biggest role model in your life and why?
I have role models for different things. I love my dad’s easy going attitude yet his ability to work hard. I love my sister’s ability to make people like her. I admire people like JK Rowling for creating a new world and being successful at it. I admire Margaret Thatcher for doing what she thought was right, I admire people who become successful in the face of adversity.
6) Flats or heels? And why?
Heels – partly because I’m only 5′ and they make me taller, but partly because I don’t feel smart if I’m wearing flats.
7) What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
I very rarely have any spare time as I’m usually working or studying, but I love baking which I try and do whenever I can. I also love reading when I can, though to be honest I’ve not read a book about non-business subjects for a while!
8) What is one item of clothing that you couldn’t live without?
My black blazer – it goes with so much, for work, for going out or for casual. It’s really comfortable, a jersey sort of material, a nice fitted style and I love it. I think it may be getting a bit worn out but there is no way I’m throwing it out.
9) What is your favorite thing in your closet?
That changes all the time. Right now it’s a Vivienne Westwood orb necklace I got for Christmas. I’ve worn it loads since getting it. It was a real surprise and I love it.
10) Best thing you’ve done for someone and the best thing that someone done for you?
I saved someone’s life last year. I was at an awards ceremony for the Open Uni where I’m a studying and there was an elderly emeritus professor there. I found him coming out of the bathroom covered in blood. He had fallen over and smashed his head open. I went into immediate boss mode, started ordering the hotel staff to call an ambulance etc… I did a bit of first aid and apparently I did the right thing and stopped the bleeding. Plus I kept him talking to keep him awake. It was pretty scary!
For me, the best thing someone has done for me is when my BF built me bespoke wardrobes and a cupboard designed especially to house 40 pairs of shoes, all to my design 🙂
11) What is your favorite print to wear?
Animal print definitely – but it has to be right. Done well it can look great, but done badly it just looks tacky!
I now nominate:
Not Central Fashion
Dolls House Blog
Jordans Beautiful Life
High heels and high notes
My questions to you are:
1. Where do you best like to shop?
2. What is the most important factor to you when getting dressed in the morning?
3. What inspirational quote best sums up you?
4. Crop trousers – get ready for the spring or falling back in time?
5. What actress would play you in the movie of your life?
6. Why did you start your blog?
7. How would you like your blog to develop in 2014?
8. Perfect evening?
9. What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
10. What do you think is the biggest fashion faux-pas?
11. What trend would you like to see come back into fashion?
Look forward to reading your answers and thanks once again Fahion Frenzy.